Instructional texts include recipes, directions and instructions for playing games or building models.
They often have the following features.
1) The title states the goal to be achieved (e.g. How to build a model of the Eiffel Tower).
2) This is followed by a list of the materials needed.
3) The steps that need to be taken are then given in the correct order.
4) Numbers or bullet points are often used.
5) Sentences often start with imperative verbs (e.g. Glue the pieces together).
6) Sequencing connectives are used (e.g. first, then, finally).
7) The text is often illustrated with photographs or diagrams.