Loading please wait

The smart way to improve grades

Comprehensive & curriculum aligned

Try an activity or get started for free

Practise Making Inferences Using Clues

In this worksheet, students will practise their inference skills using clues to help them.

'Practise Making Inferences Using Clues' worksheet

Key stage:  KS 1

Year:  Year 1 English worksheets

Curriculum topic:   Reading: Comprehension

Curriculum subtopic:   Make Inferences

Difficulty level:  

Worksheet Overview

Inference is all about using clues in the text to help us to work out what something is, what might be happening or how a character might be feeling. 

Have you ever played a game where you are given clues to work out what something is? If so, then you will be using your inference skills to work out the answer!

Let's have a go.

'I'm going on holiday and I have packed a swimming costume, beach towel and sun cream. What kind of holiday am I going on?'

We can infer from the clues, that the person is most likely to be going on a beach holiday.

A beach

The next few questions will give you a chance to have a go at answering some questions like this using your inference skills.

What is EdPlace?

We're your National Curriculum aligned online education content provider helping each child succeed in English, maths and science from year 1 to GCSE. With an EdPlace account you’ll be able to track and measure progress, helping each child achieve their best. We build confidence and attainment by personalising each child’s learning at a level that suits them.

Get started
laptop

Try an activity or get started for free

• National Tutoring Awards 2023 Shortlisted / Parents
    National Tutoring Awards 2023 Shortlisted
  • Private-Tutoring-WINNER-EducationInvestor-Awards / Parents
    Winner - Private Tutoring
  • Bett Awards Finalist / Parents
    Finalist
  • Winner - Best for Home Learning / Parents
    Winner - Best for Home Learning / Parents