The smart way to improve grades

Comprehensive & curriculum aligned

Affordable pricing from £10/month

Punctuation: Using Full Stops 2

In this worksheet, students practise adding full stops to sentences.

'Punctuation: Using Full Stops 2' worksheet

Key stage:  KS 1

Curriculum topic:   Writing: Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation

Curriculum subtopic:   Punctuate Sentences

Difficulty level:  

Worksheet Overview

QUESTION 1 of 10

All sentences end with a full stop. This shows us that the sentence is finished and helps us with our reading.

Tibby is my cat. She likes milk.

In this worksheet you can practise adding full stops to the end of sentences. To make things more challenging you will have to rearrange the words in the sentence first!

Sort out these jumbled up words to make a sentence, then write it out again and put a full stop at the end.

Dog

My called dog is Fido

Sort out these jumbled up words to make a sentence, then write it out again and put a full stop at the end.

Little girl eating ice cream

Jessie ice cream likes

Little boy with tennis racket and tennis ball

Martin tennis playing likes

Girl playing piano

Clara play piano the can

Boy wearing googles and flippers

Liam swimming goes Fridays on

Hamster

I pet hamster have a

Young boy holding a ball

Jack six years old is

Young girl skipping

Zara skipping likes

Twin girls

I twin sister have a

Young girl reading

Jamila reading loves

• Question 1

Dog

My called dog is Fido

CORRECT ANSWER
My dog is called Fido.
EDDIE SAYS
How did you get on? You need to make sure the sentence makes sense when you read it back. Don't forget you must use a capital letter to start your sentence and a full stop to show that it has finished.
  • Question 2

Little girl eating ice cream

Jessie ice cream likes

CORRECT ANSWER
Jessie likes ice cream.
EDDIE SAYS
Super effort! Did you remember to use a capital letter and full stop? A full stop goes at the end of your sentence to show the reader that the sentence has finished.
  • Question 3

Little boy with tennis racket and tennis ball

Martin tennis playing likes

CORRECT ANSWER
Martin likes playing tennis.
EDDIE SAYS
The sentence should start with 'Martin' as it is explaining that he likes playing tennis. There should be a full stop after the last word to show that the sentence has finished.
  • Question 4

Girl playing piano

Clara play piano the can

CORRECT ANSWER
Clara can play the piano.
EDDIE SAYS
Did you get it correct? Make sure the sentence makes sense. Read it out loud so you can hear if it does or not. Don't forget your capital letter and full stop! Let's see how you get on with the next question.
  • Question 5

Boy wearing googles and flippers

Liam swimming goes Fridays on

CORRECT ANSWER
Liam goes swimming on Fridays.
EDDIE SAYS
Are you getting the hang of this now? You must remember to start your sentence with a capital letter and finish with a full stop.
  • Question 6

Hamster

I pet hamster have a

CORRECT ANSWER
I have a pet hamster.
EDDIE SAYS
Keep up the great effort! Make sure you have used all the words and that your sentence makes sense when you say it aloud. Oh and don't forget to show your sentence has finished by using a full stop!
  • Question 7

Young boy holding a ball

Jack six years old is

CORRECT ANSWER
Jack is six years old.
EDDIE SAYS
All sentences should start with a capital letter and finish with a full stop. You have got this! Give the next question a try!
  • Question 8

Young girl skipping

Zara skipping likes

CORRECT ANSWER
Zara likes skipping.
EDDIE SAYS
Did your sentence make sense? Always check it before you move on. Remember your capital letter and full stop!
  • Question 9

Twin girls

I twin sister have a

CORRECT ANSWER
I have a twin sister.
EDDIE SAYS
How did you get on? You will be an expert by the end! Don't forget your full stop to show the sentence has ended.
  • Question 10

Young girl reading

Jamila reading loves

CORRECT ANSWER
Jamila loves reading.
EDDIE SAYS
Excellent effort! It is important to remember all sentences should start with a capital letter and finish with a full stop at the end.
---- OR ----

Sign up for a £1 trial so you can track and measure your child's progress on this activity.

What is EdPlace?

We're your National Curriculum aligned online education content provider helping each child succeed in English, maths and science from year 1 to GCSE. With an EdPlace account you’ll be able to track and measure progress, helping each child achieve their best. We build confidence and attainment by personalising each child’s learning at a level that suits them.

Get started
laptop

Start your £1 trial today.
Subscribe from £10/month.