The smart way to improve grades

Comprehensive & curriculum aligned

Affordable pricing from £10/month

Punctuation: Statements and Questions

In this worksheet students decide whether sentences are statements or questions and punctuate them accordingly.

'Punctuation: Statements and Questions' worksheet

Key stage:  KS 1

Curriculum topic:   Writing: Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation

Curriculum subtopic:   Use Sentences with Different Forms

Difficulty level:  

Worksheet Overview

QUESTION 1 of 10

A sentence can be either a statement or a question.

These sentences are statements.

Dad is going shopping.  Dogs are good swimmers

These sentences need an answer, so they are questions.

Is Dad going shopping?  Are dogs good swimmers? 

Did you notice that the questions have question marks at the end of them?

Read this sentence and decide whether it is a statement or a question.

My name is Joe.

statement

question

Where is my scooter?

statement

question

What time are we going out?

statement

question

I like dancing.

statement

question

This time, decide whether the sentence is a statement or a question and then write it out again.

Add a full stop if it is a statement, but add a question mark if it is a question. Don't forget the capital letter at the beginning!

How old are you

Decide whether the sentence is a statement or a question and then write it out again.

Add a full stop if it is a statement, but add a question mark if it is a question. Don't forget the capital letter at the beginning!

My name is Bill

Decide whether the sentence is a statement or a question and then write it out again.

Can penguins fly

Why are you late

I am riding my bike

When can I have my lunch

• Question 1

My name is Joe.

CORRECT ANSWER
statement
  • Question 2

Where is my scooter?

CORRECT ANSWER
question
  • Question 3

What time are we going out?

CORRECT ANSWER
question
  • Question 4

I like dancing.

CORRECT ANSWER
statement
  • Question 5

This time, decide whether the sentence is a statement or a question and then write it out again.

How old are you

CORRECT ANSWER
How old are you?
  • Question 6

My name is Bill

CORRECT ANSWER
My name is Bill.
  • Question 7

Can penguins fly

CORRECT ANSWER
Can penguins fly?
  • Question 8

Why are you late

CORRECT ANSWER
Why are you late?
  • Question 9

I am riding my bike

CORRECT ANSWER
I am riding my bike.
  • Question 10

When can I have my lunch

CORRECT ANSWER
When can I have my lunch?
---- OR ----

Sign up for a £1 trial so you can track and measure your child's progress on this activity.

What is EdPlace?

We're your National Curriculum aligned online education content provider helping each child succeed in English, maths and science from year 1 to GCSE. With an EdPlace account you’ll be able to track and measure progress, helping each child achieve their best. We build confidence and attainment by personalising each child’s learning at a level that suits them.

Get started
laptop

Start your £1 trial today.
Subscribe from £10/month.