A recipe is a type of instructional text. Read this recipe for chocolate brownies and then answer the questions on the worksheet. Remember you can click on 'Help' if you need to see the recipe again.
How to make chocolate brownies
50g plain chocolate
2 eggs, beaten
225g granulated sugar
50g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
110g chopped nuts (optional)
Oblong baking tin approx. 18 x 28 cm, greased and lined with greaseproof paper
Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (180 deg C)
1. Break chocolate into small pieces and melt with butter in a double saucepan (or in a basin over simmering water).
2. Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients.
3. Mix thoroughly then spread mixture into lined baking tin.
4. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Do not overcook - brownies firm up as they cool.
5. Leave to cool in tin for 10 mins then transfer to a wire rack.