Instructions need to be clear and easy to follow.
Read these instructions for the game of 'Snakes and Ladders' and then answer the questions in the activity.
How to play 'Snakes and Ladders'
A game for 2 - 6 players
- 'Snakes and Ladders' board
- Coloured counters
1. Youngest player starts.
2. Take turns to roll the dice and move your counter the number of spaces shown on the dice.
3. If you land on a square containing the bottom of a ladder, you can move your counter to the top of the ladder.
4. If you land on a square containing the head of a snake, you must move your counter all the way down the snake to the bottom.
5. The winner is the first player to reach the final square (containing the trophy).
Do you think these instructions are clear and easy to follow?
Have you ever played this game before?
Why not have a go at making a suitable board and play the game using the instructions above?
Let's move on to some questions now. If you need to check back to the instructions during the activity, just click on the pink help button at the side of the screen.