Recount writing retells past events. It aims to inform and entertain the reader.
Features of recount writing:
- Recounts start by setting the scene – What? Where? When? How?
- Events are in chronological order.
- They are written in the past tense and in the active voice.
- They use time connectives e.g. after, then, next, meanwhile.
- They focus on people and events.
- They use first or third person point of view.
- They use technical language relevant to the subject.
- The closing statement should comment on or evaluate events.
Let's get started!